- Two layer PCB breakout board for LGA-16 (3x3x1mm) – Hand solder capable.
- SMD Molex socket type: 53261-08
- PCB dimensions: 22x26x1mm
Parts are sold separately. In kit option all parts are supplied and are ready to solder by customer or in assembled options boards are supplied with parts mounted to the PCB.
Soldering breakout PCB
Elements can be soldered with a hand iron or using solder paste with laser cut stencil or paste applied with syringe.
Stencils for soldering the breakout PCB are sold separately.
Sensor specification and datasheet
The LIS3DH has user-selectable full scales of ±2g/±4g/±8g/±16g and is capable of measuring accelerations with output data rates from 1 Hz to 5.3 kHz.
The device may be configured to generate interrupt signals using two independent inertial wake-up/free-fall events as well as by the position of the device itself. Thresholds and timing of interrupt generators are programmable by the end user on the fly.
The interrupt signals can be connected to the transistor driving LED. The interrupt signal INT1 is default connected to the on-board LED. Both INT1 and INT2 are connected to the MOLEX connector.
The LIS3DH has an integrated 32-level first-in, first-out (FIFO) buffer allowing the user to store data in order to limit intervention by the host processor.
LIS3DH sensor features
- User selectable ±2g/±4g/±8g/±16g measurement range
- Up to 1mg resolution
- 12bit ADC built-in
- Built-in digital High-Pass filter
- Acceleration measurement bandwidth from 0Hz, up to 2688 Hz
- Output data rate up to 5376 Hz
- Operating voltage 1.71-3.6V
- Supply current less than 0.2mA
- Operating temperature range -40 – 85 degC
- Interfaces: SPI (=<8MHz), I2C(=<400kHz)
- Maximum non-destructive acceleration 3000g for 0.5 ms, 10000g for 0.2ms
Sensor is suitable for
- Motion and free-fall detection
- Inclinometer applications
- Digital level
- Vibration measurement
- Platform stabilization
- Speed measurement
Standard C platform-independent drivers for MEMS motion and environmental sensors : st.com
Android sensor HAL for MEMS motion and environmental sensors: st.com
LIS3DH Product page.