- Two layer PCB breakout board for LGA-16L (3x3x0.86mm) – Hand solder capable.
- SMD Molex socket type: 53261-08
- PCB dimensions: 22x26x1m
Parts are sold separately. In kit option all parts are supplied and are ready to solder by customer or in assembled options boards are supplied with parts mounted to the PCB.
Soldering breakout PCB
Elements can be soldered with a hand iron or using solder paste with laser cut stencil or paste applied with syringe.
Stencils for soldering the breakout PCB are sold separately.
Sensor specification and datasheet
Sensor has user-selectable full scales of ±2g/±4g/±8g/±16g acceleration and ±125/±250/±500/±1000/±2000 dps angular rate speed. It is capable of output acceleration data with rates from 12.5 Hz to 6.664 kHz and angular rate speed 12.5 Hz to 1.666 kHz.
The device may be configured to generate event signals using independent inertial wake-up/free-fall/6D orientation/tap sensing/activity inactivity sensing events.
The interrupt signals can be connected to the transistor driving LED. The interrupt signal INT1 is default connected to the on-board LED. Both INT1 and INT2 are connected to the MOLEX connector.
The LSM6DS33 has an integrated 8kB buffer allowing the user to store data in order to limit intervention by the host processor.
LSM6DS33 sensor features
- User selectable measurement ranges: acceleration ±2g/±4g/±8g/±16g, angular rate speed ±125/±250/±500/±1000/±2000 dps.
- Acceleration resolution up to 61ug/LSB
- Angular rate speed resolution up to 4.375mg/LSB
- Built-in digital High-Pass filter
- Acceleration output data rate up to 6.664 kHz
- Angular rate speed output data rate up to 1.666 kHz.
- Operating voltage 1.71-3.6V
- Supply current less than 0.2mA
- Operating temperature range -40 – 85 degC
- Interfaces: SPI (=<10MHz), I2C(=<400kHz)
Maximum non-destructive acceleration 10000g for 0.2ms
Sensor is suitable for
- Motion and free-fall detection
- Inclinometer applications
- Digital spirit level
- Vibration measurement
- Platform stabilization
- Speed measurement
- Indoor navigation
- Orientation detection
Standard C platform-independent drivers for MEMS motion and environmental sensors : st.com
Android sensor HAL for MEMS motion and environmental sensors: st.com
ST LSM6DS33 product page